Good morning, how’s your weekend?
Mine is fantastic because my open class is finally over and done with! I had some intimidating Korean mothers sitting in both classes but overall I feel like it went okay. It was an unpleasant way to spend a Saturday though. We had to be at work by 9:30 and didn’t leave until just after 3. Considering I only taught two 30 minute classes that is a lot of waiting around. I hung out with the owners son who was not digging the day. He had to miss a soccer game to come in and just sit around his dad’s work all day, I remember doing crappy things like that when I was young.
Seeing as I couldn’t do too much on Friday night I decided to make nutella brownies. It was kind of a life changing decisions and these babies are damn good. I can’t trust myself around them!
If you want to make these (and if you want to be my friend then you should), the instructions are below.
– 6 TB butter
– 2/3 cup of chocolate
– 1/4 cup nutella
– 1/2 cup of sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup of flour
– pinch of salt
– 1 cup of walnuts (if you like)
– melt butter and chocolate and mix together.
– Add in sugar, egg, salt and nutella. When doing this wait for the butter and chocolate to cool slightly as adding egg to the hot mix can result in the egg cooking a little. I usually wait a couple of minutes then add the sugar before the egg and stir like a maniac to make sure there are no eggy pieces in there :S
– Add flour until just mixed and throw in the nuts if using.
– Bake at 120 degrees for around 20 minutes in a brownie pan. I actually didn’t have one on hand so used cupcake tins instead. Still worked well.
These did not last long! I think you could sub peanut butter for the nutella if you like, but nutella should always be the first choice!
Have a lovely Sunday 🙂