but first a quick recap. I had chia pudding for breakfast and a terrible lunch of rice, eggplant and side salad – I forgot my protein replacement 😦 When I came home I tried to unwind with a Jillian Michaels DVD and some yoga. It kind of relaxed me but there was a cookie void which still needed to be filled.
Work is so terrible and stressful right now so after a day of eating chia pudding, rice, salad and almonds I came home and wanted to bake something indulgent. Alas we had no flour 😦 but I wasn’t going to let this stop me. I played around and came up with this recipe for chocolate, walnut banans treats (the name is a work in progress.
You will need…
– 3/4 cup of oats
– 1 mashed banana
– 1/4 cup nut butter (I used cashew)
– pinch of salad
– 1 TB cocoa powder
– handful of walnuts, or whatever else you want to throw in. If I had chocolate chips they would have made an appearance.
– Mash that banana up and mix the ingredients together. Simple!
– If the mixture seems to gooey add more oats, the size of the banana will affect the texture.
– Bake at 180 degrees for only about ten minutes or until golden. Then eat, eat, eat.
Despite the crappiness of the day I did have a delivery from iherb 😀 i ordered canned pumpkin as I have never tried it and fall is coming; more chia seeds; agave nectar and more precious sunbutter. As you can see I have a problem.
I have tried so many different nut butters and while I do love almond, it just didn’t quit do it for me. This sunbutter is soooo good, I ordered both crunchy and smooth as my preference depends on my mood haha.
Last time I tried this cashew butter thinking it would be as awesome as cashews but I was very disappointed.
It just didn’t have the right taste or texture. Sunbutter for life!