When to comes to workout music I am very picky. I need upbeat tunes that will keep me at a good pace and won’t annoy me. I also find that keeping the same music on my ipod for too long gets really frustrating and starts to discourage me from working out, so I change my playlist around once every three weeks.
So here are some songs that I am loving lately and haven’t gotten sick of yet. Keep in mind that these are not necessarily songs that I would listen to when I am not working out, some of them are a bit lame and trashy I know – but these makes for the best tunes as they aren’t too serious and have a catchy beat.
– Pink – Blow me (one last kiss)
– Pink – U and Ur Hand
– Ke$ha – Cmon (don’t judge me, for some reason this song speaks to me when I am running)
– Ke$ha – Blow
– Blink 182 – What’s my Age Again?
– Calvin Harris and Florence Welch – Sweet Nothing
– Icona Pop – I love it (really catchy!)
– Jessie J – Domino
– Nicki Minaj – Starships
– Jennifer Lopez – Let’s Get Loud
– Hairspray – You Can’t Stop the Beat
– The Prodigy – Firestarter
– PSY – Gangnam Style (a bit lame I know, but I like running through the park watching the old Korean ladies do their weird backwards walk as I listen to this).
– PSY – Right Now
– Aqua – Happy Boys and Girls (it makes me happy).
– Young the Giant – My Body
– The Temptations – Ain’t too Proud to Beg
– Britney Spears Megamix (This is really good as it is around 15minutes so I don’t keep noticing the break between songs, and it is Britney so the nostalgia is awesome).
– Heather Small – Proud (I like to listen to this as I am struggling up a hill or something, makes me feel badass)
So there you have it, my ultimate workout (at the moment). It’s pretty random, but works for me and I hope it does for you too.